Development of EAST 1 Land East of Green Lane Easthorpe
1. Planning permission will be granted for residential development in accordance with MBC Local Plan Policy C1 (A) on the site shown on Map 2 where the proposals demonstrate a high design quality as defined in Neighbourhood Plan Policy 8 (1). This means;
a) homes of mixed styles and types; and
b) the use of materials and a colour palette that compliments the materials used in Easthorpe village; and
c) a layout that protects the setting of the scheduled monument; and
d) a design, density, scale and configuration that reinforces the rural character of the area as defined in the Bottesford Parish Design Code 2020; and
e) a flood risk assessment has been undertaken which establishes that the proposed development would not give rise to an increased risk of surface water flooding either on the site or in the vicinity which cannot be effectively mitigated.
2. Proposals should demonstrate the safety of any residential development and future occupants from identified flood risks, over the lifetime of the development in accordance with the NPPF.
3. The mature trees and hedgerows on the site are part of the character of the Parish. The landscape scheme should demonstrate how the trees and hedgerows (particularly the hedgerow along Manor Road) have been retained or their loss minimised.
4. The proposal should seek a net biodiversity gain in accordance with Neighbourhood Plan Policy 3 (2).
5. Where layouts involve the loss of existing trees development proposals should incorporate replacement trees to take account of the details of Policy 3(3) of this Plan.
6. The boundary wall along Green Lane should be retained as it has historic significance and is character forming.
7. The scale, massing and boundary treatment should ensure that the development does not intrude visually on the Area of Separation between Easthorpe and the A52.
8. Alterations to Green Lane should retain the grass verges where practicable as they reflect the rural character of its location.
9. Drainage systems should utilise the watercourse next to Green Lane for surface water discharge in accordance with NPP 6.