Development of BOT 2 West, Grantham Road
1. Planning permission will be granted for residential development in accordance with MBC Local Plan Policy C1 (A) on the site shown on Map 2 where the proposals demonstrate a high design quality as defined in Neighbourhood Plan Policy 8 (1). This means;
a) homes of mixed styles, types and tenures (market and affordable); and
b) a design, density and layout that reinforces the local rural character in accordance with the Bottesford Parish Design Code 2020; and
c) the use of materials and a colour palette that provides richness and texture to reinforce the positive attributes and diversity of styles across Bottesford village as identified in the Bottesford Parish Design Code 2020; and
d) that the hedgerow along Grantham Road has been retained; and
e) within the site at the front, boundary treatment of walls or hedges that creates private space to allow for the planting of native trees and shrubs; and
f) where rear boundaries run to the edge of the site, a boundary treatment in the form of hedges or low walls/fences that allows for a soft transition to the open countryside; and
g) there should be a buffer between the development and the wildlife site including the retention of the existing hedgerow, where possible, to reflect the site’s location adjoining a Local Wildlife Site and for the enjoyment of local people; and
h) a flood risk assessment has been undertaken which establishes that the proposed development would not give rise to an increased risk of surface water flooding, which cannot be effectively mitigated.
2. Proposals will be required to manage surface water through keeping to a minimum the creation of non-permeable areas and the incorporation of SuDS, which mimic natural drainage patterns, are appropriate to the existing landscape character, are designed to improve water quality (by natural filtration), contribute towards water recharge and improve biodiversity. A creative SuDs scheme will be supported that creates an attractive, safe area with improved biodiversity. Proposals that include Swales to reduce the need for large ponds would be supported.
3. Proposals are required to demonstrate the safety of any residential development and future occupants from identified flood risks, over the lifetime of the development and not cause food risk elsewhere in accordance with the NPPF.
4. The layout should allow for a pedestrian connection to the adjoining site and be connected to the footpaths along Grantham Road and the Public Right of Way opposite.
5. The mature trees and the hedgerow along Grantham Road and around the site boundary are part of the character of the Parish and have biodiversity value. The landscape scheme should demonstrate how the trees and hedgerows have been retained.
6. Where layouts involve the loss of existing trees development proposals should incorporate replacement trees to take account of the details of policy 3 (3) of this Plan.
7. If site levels have been raised, the impact of the proposal on the properties adjoining the new development must not be over bearing.